10-1068 & 10-1069 Building Custodian – Iqaluit Aquatic Centre
The City of Iqaluit is looking for experienced Building Custodians for the Iqaluit Aquatic Centre!
Title: Building Custodian – Iqaluit Aquatic Centre
Reference #: 10-1068
Status: Full-time permanent
Reference #: 10-1069
Status: Full-time 8-month term
Salary: $48,945.14 per annum, 35 hour/week
Allowance: $20,907.43 per annum
Union Status: Unionized
Closing Date: Open until filled
This employment opportunity is open to Iqaluit Residents.
Under the direction of the Guest Services Supervisor, the Building Custodian performs an array of janitorial duties. Building Custodians are responsible for keeping the facilities clean and sanitary for our members, the public and staff.
In this role, you would find yourself mopping floors, the pool deck and other areas, dusting, washing windows and walls and changing the garbage recepticles both in and outdoors. Also, you would ensure the entrances are shoveled and clear for the safety of everyone.
What is required of this position?
- Experience performing janitorial duties
- Attention to detail for the cleanliness of the facilities, and maintaining accurate records of cleaning logs and inventory of products
- Knowledge and or experience with WHMIS
- CPR and First Aid certification or the ability to obtain
- Punctuality and reliability
- In good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 30lbs
Assets include the ability to speak in Inuktitut and or French and holiding Bronze Medallion certification. Equivalencies that include a combination of education and experience may be considered.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate would be required to submit a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check, as well as a TB Test.
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to: email@example.com
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.city.iqaluit.nu.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.979.5619
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement
- Only those selected to interview will be contacted