09-1071 WASTE FACILITY OPERATOR
The City of Iqaluit is looking for an experienced operator for
our city’s landfill
Title: Waste Facility Operator
Department: Public Works
Reference #: 09-1071
Status: Full-time permanent
Salary: $53,023.93 per annum, 40 hour/week
Allowance: $20,907.43 per annum
Union Status: Unionized
Closing Date: Open until filled
This employment opportunity is open to Iqaluit Residents.
Under the direction of the Landfill Foreman, the Waste Facility Operator provides general labour services to the Ciy of Iqaluit’s landfill and assists in carrying out municipal services within the Public Works Department.
These services include garbage removal, cleaning/sorting of landfill waste and providing assistace to the public. In this role, you would find yourself performing maintenance checks on equipment, maintaining and repairing fencing for aesthetics and site security, compaction and covering of waste, snow and ice removal and record keeping.
The incumbent must be dependable, punctual, physically fit, and must be willing to work in harsh outdoor weather conditions in areas with obnoxious smells. They must also be responsible and capable to work independently, as well as in a team setting and be able to handle working under time constraints.
What is required of this position?
- High school diploma or equivalent*
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Confident in reading and writing reports and other documents
- Physically fit with the ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Ability to follow directions and instructions
- Capability to perform duties safely and efficiently
- Class 3 Driver’s Licence with Airbrake Endorsement
- Knowledge and or experience with WHMIS
- The ability to speak in Inuktitut and or French
- Experience working for a municipality
*Equivalencies that include a combination of education and experience may be considered.
The successful candidate would be required to submit an acceptable Criminal Record Check, as well as, an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to: email@example.com
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.city.iqaluit.nu.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.979.5619
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement
- Only those selected to interview will be contacted