04-1075 FIREFIGHTER EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Title: Firefighter Emergency Medical Technician
Department: Emergency Services
Reference #: 04-1075
Status: Full-time permanent
Salary: $66,951.03 per annum
Allowance: $20,907.43 per annum
Union Status: Unionized
Closing Date: Open until filled
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Under the direction of the Deputy Fire Chief, the incumbent will report to their immediate supervisor (Captain/Lieutenant), and are responsible for fire/rescue response, pre-hospital emergency medical care, fire prevention, public education and fire inspections. The incumbent will also be responsible for performing minor maintenance of apparatus, small equipment, building and grounds, and dispatching the appropriate emergency and non-emergency personnel.
- Post-secondary education from a recognized Fire College/Academy
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Certification, Advanced Emergency Medical Responder or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- NFPA 472 Hazardous Materials Operations
- NFPA 1001 Fire fighter Level II
- NFPA 1002 Fire Apparatus Driver Operator
- NFPA 1006 Technical Rescuer (rope rescue & auto extrication)
- Current CPR Level C-HCP, Spinal & AED endorsement
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License with air brake endorsement
- Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) or YORK fitness test (within last 6 months)
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector (within last 6 months)
The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under stressful and emergency situations. The ability to communicate in Inuktitut or French is a definite asset.
This position currently works 4 days on and 4 off, rotating between day and night shifts. Dependability and flexibility is required and may be subject to overtime.
Please provide copies of all relevant certifications mentioned above. If the above mentioned requirements are not submitted with your resume, your application will NOT be considered.
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to:
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.city.iqaluit.nu.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.979.5619
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement
- Only those selected to interview will be contacted