The department manages all the financial resources of the city on behalf of city council and follows the direction set by council. Corporate Services functions as a service department and provides support services to the other departments.
Payments for water and sewer services, taxes, land leases, licences and any other payments owed to the city can be made at City Hall during the week using Visa, MasterCard, Interac, cash or cheque.
- Financial management and controls
- Financial reporting to Iqaluit residents, territorial and federal governments, in order to exhibit the city's responsibility for public resources
- Budget preparation, outlining operational requirements on an annual basis to determine the level of services to be afforded all users of the city's services
- Debt management, to make certain that resources are leveraged at the best possible level
- Taxation and billing for services provided throughout the City of Iqaluit
- Cashier and collection services
- Risk Management
- Purchasing for the city including sealift, contracting and tendering
- Land Lease Assessments Management
- Payroll and Benefits